Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Class Rules

For the next couple of weeks I'll be posting ideas that teachers can work on through summer break to make August/September run much smoother and easier! I've decided to start with classroom rules. All classrooms need them, and although most teachers have them sometimes they need a little revision or just a new way to present them. My personal favorite is a poster that can remain on the wall throughout the entire school year. Here are the rules I came up with for my first year of teaching:
My blank rule of RESPECT, written down the left side of the page, helps the students remember the other rules. The kids always ask me if they can get punished for ignoring the last rule which opens the class up for some fun discussion about how not thinking can always cause you trouble. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment