Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Laptop Guidelines

Most teachers now have students using laptops/iPads/tablets in class whether they like it or not. Although they are a great tool for learning, they're also an opportunity for being off-task. I decided that my students needed to have a handout with the guidelines for using a laptop in my math class. Here is an excerpt from my list:

....
3) Teacher should be able to see your screen at all times
4) Laptop volume should be muted unless otherwise told
....
7) Wallpaper and themes should be SCHOOL APPROPRIATE
....
10) Using the laptop calculator is not allowed unless otherwise told

If you'd like the complete list, or would like to download a copy of my handout to give to your students you can get it from......that's right; my TeachersPayTeachers store!

No comments:

Post a Comment