Friday, June 15, 2012

Project Boxes

I was going to hold off on this post until closer to the end of summer break, but I was walking by a Michaels Store today and saw a great deal so I had to share.

I like to keep boxes of supplies for each group of students in my class. These boxes include supplies for in-class projects such as rulers, colored pencils, glue sticks, scissors, protractors, compasses, construction paper, etc. I've found that when these supplies are already gathered together, it cuts down on the time required to hand out materials and students have more time to focus on the assignment at hand.

I chose to store my supplies in scrapbook boxes because they hold 12 inch paper and therefore will hold a standard ruler :) Michaels has these on sale right now for $4.99 (regularly $8.99)! If you head to their website (http://weeklyad.michaels.com/stores/2858/coupons) you can download a coupon for 15% off your entire purchase, or 50% off one item. While you're already at Michaels, pick up a tower that will hold these boxes.

As you're out shopping this summer, look for Back-To-School sales to stash up on some of these supplies at super cheap prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment