Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Logic Puzzles

The last time I posted (minus my husband's jokes) I was talking about a file to keep in the classroom on logic puzzle activities. I've been gathering ideas to create a 40 puzzle packet that will (hopefully) be available on TeachersPayTeachers soon. While "researching" (aka doing a TON of logic puzzles) I came across a new one that I love. I was addicted to sudoku for a time, but they seem too tedious for me as I rarely have more than 5 minutes at a time. I feel like I have to sit down and work on a sudoku puzzle from start to finish without interruption. (Did I mention that I have almost 8 month old twins and a 2 year old? I can't even use the bathroom without interruption. I love crossword puzzles but I never can complete them. So my new favorite is called Hashi!

The puzzle starts out looking like this:

And ends up like this:

The goal is to draw as many "bridges" from each circle as the number within the circle suggests. You may not cross another line or circle, and every circle must be connected by a continuous line. Sound like fun? Oh, it is! The site I've been playing on tonight is http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx?uri=puzzle/hashi.I'm not including these in my logic puzzles as I have NO idea how to create my own, but I find them very addictive.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment