Friday, August 26, 2022

A 3-dimensional math idea...

My oldest son is in 7th grade this year. Overall, he's great with calculations, word problems and basic algebra but he really (and I mean really) struggles with thinking in three-dimensions. I knew today's lesson was going to be a problem. He had to look at 2D drawings and determine if they could be folded into cubes or rectangular prisms. After a few minutes we were both pulling our hair in frustration (him from not understanding, me from not being able to break through) I thought about these magnet blocks that we have. They worked perfectly and were exactly what he needed to understand the concept!







I love finding solutions that work for kids to really help them grasp the concept and I know these would be beneficial in a classroom or at home. I hope this helps your students as much as mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment