Thursday, September 1, 2022

More Educational Sites

Yesterday's post got me thinking about other educational websites that we use and love. This is a short list of our favorites:


Pizza Hut has been giving out free personal pizzas for reading for as long as I can remember. When I started homeschooling a few years ago I wondered if my kids would qualify. They do! Any PK-6 student can participate through their school (or homeschool). Register online for your class and log student minutes through the website. At the end of the month you can print coupons for your students to redeem at participating locations. The best part for me is that I can log the minutes at the end of the month because I always forget until the last day. 


This is an interactive (free for teachers) game that helps kids understand atoms, covalent bonding, ionic bonding and many more chemistry topics. I used it to help teach covalent bonding last year with my 6th, 4th and 2nd grade students and they grasped the topic so quickly. 



Seterra has been our go-to website for geography this year. It contains hundreds of online resources for continents, countries, states, major cities, lakes, physical features, etc. You can also print off maps for your students to label. They have a matching (free) app to play on phones, tablets or Chromebooks for at-home play as well. 


SO. MANY. PUZZLES! My absolute favorite is the logic puzzle but you'll find so many choices here: Calcudoku, Numbergrids, Reverse Word Search, Jigsaws, Cryptograms, Hangman, etc. You can set the difficulty for most puzzles and solve them online. If you prefer to print the puzzles for your students (sub plans anyone???) follow this link instead. 


Worksheet Works is a (mostly) free website that allows you to make custom worksheets in the areas of Math, English, Geography, Puzzles and a few Miscellaneous (calendars, graph paper, etc). I use this mostly for Geography maps but I've used the other categories as well. I call it a mostly-free website because a Premium version is offered for $14.95/year but I've never subscribed and I've found plenty of great worksheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment